martes, 23 de enero de 2018

Week 2: How teaching made me discover some amazing abilities.

 Based on the article: ''Effectiveness of the integration of ICT tools and activities to foster awareness as the first stage to reach learning autonomy'' by Andrea Ariza and Mario Suárez Sánchez.

Rate: 5

   After reading this article I started to think about me and the students I had while doing my social service. Why? Because I have tried to teach them applying those methods, like self-planning, self-management, self-monitoring and self-evaluation as well as applying some in my life. I totally agree with the article because the best way to improve is through self-correction.

   According to the article, they used these methods to provide autonomy and authority to each student, so that, they could manage their time appropriately and they would be more aware while doing something related to their learning process. I have been trying to apply this in my daily life. As a result, you need to have a plan, set your goals and think about the achievements and failures as well. Sooner or later, students will become proactive and you will able to prevent any failures or have the best way to solve them. Also, you have to teach them to face any challenge that is imposed on their way. In addition, nowadays, technology has become the most important tool we have, for example, almost everything can be found on the Internet by using the computer and thanks to that, students are able to create their own learning by exploring countless resources.

   I think the tests they had to qualify the program are good, but I consider that, it would be better if we ask to each student directly, I know it could be difficult, but each student has different knowledge, challenges and opinion, so in that way, we can improve our skills as well as improving student's skills because we will gain knowledge learn different ways to treat each student properly.











2 comentarios:

  1. hello Wendy! I agree with you. It is important to promote learners' auntonomy because in that way they can be the center of their learning and look for other resources to enhace their language. Also, I agree you say that it would be good to assess students directly, but I also think that let them be independent can help them to improve their language skills and it will not depend only on the teacher. Nice opinion!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi Wendy. I agree with you, I think that sel-correcting is the best of the methods for students. I think that it is important that students know what their mistakes are and correct them. Make an autoevaluation of what they did and also in this way they will be able to have a insight oint of view in future situations.

    ResponderBorrar